In the month of November 2019, we began a verse by verse study of the Book of Colossians, this is a review of Day 4 - Colossians 1:9-14 - (Prayers for the Colossian church) done by our founder, Omotayo B. Adeoye. You can download the full study on her website Biblestudynote.com
So we have not stopped praying for you since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you complete knowledge of his will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding. 10Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better. 11We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy, 12always thanking the Father. He has enabled you to share in the inheritance that belongs to his people, who live in the light. 13For he has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear Son, 14who purchased our freedom and forgave our sins.
These are some very good prayer points to pray
- Lord, give me complete knowledge of your will and spiritual wisdom and understanding in every situation of my life.
- Let the way i live always honor and please you, o Lord. anything in my life right now that is not pleasing towards, please take away.
- Lord, help me to live a fruit producing life. Help me to bear good fruit.
- Lord strengthen me; give me the power to have great endurance and patience that I need on this journey
- Fill me with joy and thankfulness. Help me to maintain a grateful heart and not be overcome by worry, fear, sadness and depression.
- Thank you Jesus for forgiving my sins. Thank you for rescuing me from the kingdom of darkness.
Christ has rescued us from the Kingdom of Darkness; this ought to inform how we live. Many born again Christians still live in constant and acute fear of the kingdom of darkness like they still live in it. This verse tells us clearly that we have been transferred into the kingdom of light; and we know, that darkness can never overcome light and we overcome by the blood of the lamb.
We are free from the power and authority of the devil, so we can boldly refute all his activities and efforts because we are free from the powers of the evil kingdom